About the Role
We’re seeking a full-time or part-time (4 days per week minimum) Head of Marketing to join our Barnstaple HQ.
You will be responsible for developing and delivering a Marketing Strategy to increase sales and profitability in line with Kit Heath Ltd.’s business development objectives in the UK and USA. You will work as part of the Senior Leadership Team and manage a small but growing marketing team.
Barnstaple, North Devon
Full Time | Permanent
- Developing medium to long-term marketing plans for the Kit Heath brand (trade and consumer).
- Demonstrate e-commerce strategy experience and champion the development of Kit Heath’s websites and e-commerce offer.
- Helping expand Kit Heath’s market reach and penetration by analysing our positioning and working closely with the Senior Leadership Team and external partners/agencies to define value propositions that provide a competitive edge.
- Owning departmental budgets ensuring the best value for advertising and outsourced services.
- Instructing and analysing market research to inform marketing strategy.
- Working closely with creative, marketing and sales teams to oversee the implementation of advertising campaigns, promotions, and paid traditional and social media partnerships.
- Managing ongoing relationships with the media, external agencies, influencers, and corporate partners.
- Coordinating all media contacts to ensure that Kit Heath consistently gets free print and digital PR coverage and negotiating favourable paid media deals.
- Communicating the marketing plan with the marketing team (and wider business).
You’re a great communicator, who understands what resonates with individuals, communities, retailers, content creators, influencers, and the media. You connect personally with our brand and our purpose, and you will be able to demonstrate strategic thinking and team leadership.
You will have at least 5 years’ experience working in a senior B2B and B2C Marketing role with an FMCG brand; knowledge of the jewellery sector is desirable but not essential.
You can research topics, analyse data, and communicate information in a manner that is engaging and easy to understand.
You’ve led multi-channel campaigns, ensuring all elements land on time and within budget. You bring clarity to the brief, have strong creative judgement and an eye for detail.
You are naturally curious about data and use it to unlock insight and opportunity as well as to measure performance and ROI.
This role is highly collaborative — you’ll work in close partnership with the Creative Director/business owner and the wider senior management team.