About the Role
We are looking for an experienced Assistant Merchandiser to join our Product Development and Merchandising team. You will be working to assist with the day-to-day operational and purchasing tasks across multiple jewellery brands and ranges. Your primary focus will be on maintaining healthy inventories and range plans for our e-commerce channels through careful product monitoring and segmenting, increasing product performance, turnover and profitability. As an integral part of the Merchandising and Product team, you will be offering further support to our other sales channels as required by your team.
Barnstaple, North Devon
Full Time | Permanent
- Working together with the New Product Development team on concurrent critical paths, bringing several annual launches to market across multiple brands and ranges.
- Range management of continuing core products, clients’ bespoke ranges and terminal stocks.
- Supporting the Merchandiser with data preparation to facilitate accurate range sales forecasting.
- Creating and managing purchase orders to achieve SLAs, maximise OTB and minimise terminal stocks, with a focus on inventory management and merchandising for our e-commerce channels, including B2B, D2C, and Amazon FBA.
- Maintaining a collaborative and coordinated approach to work with interdepartmental teams, ensuring all range plans, marketing campaigns and sales promotions align with the current business strategy and brand values.
- Assisting in the preparation of product data, including stock, sales and range performance data, for insightful business reporting.
- Communicating with an international supplier and manufacturer base to ensure timely and accurate delivery of goods.
- Supporting the Merchandising team in carrying out day-to-day operational procedures and aiding in optimising workflows.
- Collaborating with the Key Account Sales team to ensure an optimum range plan is in place for each client whilst maximum fulfilment, turnover and margins are achieved.
- Assisting with the importing of goods, working with freight forwarders to ensure accurate clearance and delivery to both UK and international destinations.
- Assisting the Product Launch team during all stages of the launch roadmap (e.g. catalogue production), including the creation of product matrices, data imports/exports, proofing of print and digital materials etc.
- Assisting with all incoming product and inventory queries from both trade and consumer channels, looking to resolve and respond to all requests in a timely and efficient manner.
- Assisting in the upkeep of accurate product information data held on internal systems, including the creation and maintenance of product SKUs, descriptions, specifications, pricing etc.
- Preparing pre-delivery notifications for the Goods Inwards team to ensure an efficient and smooth pathway to sale.
- Supporting the business with other product-related tasks as directed by the Merchandising team leader.
- Proficiency in Excel and other office applications, working knowledge of pivot tables, lookup queries etc.
- Purchase/sales order management, using business management, ERP or e-commerce/e-merchandising software.
- Critical Path management.
- Data analysis and reporting with experience in creating forecasts and business insights.
- Excellent written/verbal communication and negotiating skills.
- Confidence in influencing decision making, problem-solving and critical thinking.
- Excellent time/project management skills, with the ability to meet simultaneous deadlines.
- Minimum 2 years experience within an import/merchandising role.
- Experience in omnichannel B2B/D2C retailing.
- Background in Jewellery, Fashion, or similar industry advantageous.